Sunday, March 25, 2012

Brand New Baby Boy

A dear old family friend called me up to ask for a cake for a wonderful neighbor of theirs that had recently had a baby boy.  This was a family of girls (3 big sisters!) and so I was asked to make this cake something that they would love just as much as it would celebrate a little brother.  I was given complete creative freedom on this one as well - which I love!  But it can also been a bit intimidating if your plan isn't quite what they had had in mind.  I did get this idea from another cake blogger and changed it enough to reflect my vision of the cake.  The nest was fun to make - it was made out of fondant and filled with toasted coconut.  The cake was a dark chocolate cake with a (REALLY YUMMY) raspberry filling and Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.







No comments:

Post a Comment