Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lego here, Lego there...Lego Lego Everywhere!

So this little man, like so many others, is completely addicted to Lego.  His mom wanted Lego cupcakes for him but they really did not want a whole fondant top.  So I used White Chocolate Ganache for the cupcakes and did small fondant decorations that could be removed.  I had to use white chocolate so that I could tint it in the colors that she wanted.  Not the best with the flavors picked, but not bad.  I made Red Velvet Cupcakes and Oreo Cupcakes with an oreo baked right in.  

 


Then I got to have some fun decorating.  It was my first time ganaching cupcakes - I tried so hard to get them as smooth as fondant - and I think they turned out really well!  Not as even and sharp on the sides but the tops were really smooth.




No comments:

Post a Comment